Monday, September 04, 2006

About Us

(Brittany)
I've loved to write ever since I was little. I think I was about seven when I wrote my first "novel" about Princesses Rose and Lily and princes John and Peter. Then I asked my mom to edit it, but she could make neither head nor tail out of it because every other word was misspelled. I'm not sure if my spelling has improved that much, (thank heaven for spell checkers!) but I still love writing. However, I'm quite proficient in making a mess of things, but thanks to these special sisters of mine at our Wayside Inn Writer's Society, I sometimes manage to untangle the mess. ;-) This is my first story written from a masculine point of view, so you'll have to bear with me if it's cheesy.
My hope is to glorify God through my writing, in big ways and small. How well I accomplish that I don't know, but I'm still a work in progress.
There, now you have a neat, tidy snippet about my writing life. If you want the messy stuff, get to know me personally. ;-)

(Emily)

My name is Emily Nelson, though most choose to call me 'Em.' I am 17 years old and a senior in high school. My family has never received television channels, so I grew up with reading as my entertainment. Through my love of books, I have grown into a writer. I love stories and characters and am constantly working to become better at the craft of authorship. I recently finished my first novel length story,
Shadow of Death, and am working on its sequel currently.
Besides the writing side of me, I love Jesus!!! I am a Christian, saved by His Grace, and striving to live my life as a good example. I am a home schooled student (have been my entire life), and the second oldest of eight siblings.
Please feel free to leave comments, suggestions, etc. on my "coming-soon" posts of Zoe's story. I am enjoying getting to know her and I hope you will too. I love feedback (show me a writer who doesn't) and of course would enjoy getting to know you too.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Romany Epistles said...

AWESOME!!! You posted, Britt!!! ;) Don't be so quick to second-guess your abilites, girl. You are quite an amazing authoress. Oh, and I was going to ask you about the whole 'ten minutes older' thing between Zoe and Sam, but I must have forgotten, so I'm glad that you agreed! Yes, they seem to be very different, but I think it makes them more realistic. Twins often seem to be very different in lots of ways, though they share a bond (usually) that is difficult to break. I was thinking that Zoe is extra close with Sam and Aidan (providing Charissa doesn't object)...do you mind?
Love lots,
~Em/Zoe

9:20 AM  
Blogger The Romany Epistles said...

Wow, that is just completely and utterly Brittany. I love how your personality is shines through your words. It made m smile. :-) And we would be bereft without you, too, you know (us Wayside gals.) Love ya oodles! (an email coming my way soon? hint, hint)

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home